PageMaker is a group edition software that supports two International Color Consortium (ICC) compatible systems: Kodak color management system on Macintosh and Windows platforms and Color Sync 2.x standard on Macintosh platforms.
PageMaker's color management system can manage the colors applied to PageMaker objects, the colors in RGB bitmap images, and the special colors of EPS files. It can also manage the color of RGB screen images in a CMYK TIFF file so that it can be output to a color mixing and proofing device It is the corrected color, and it can also change the official output device of a CMYK TIFF. Cannot perform color management on DCS, WMF, PICT files.
1. Opening and closing control of PageMaker color management system (CMS)
1. Open the color management system. When you use PageMaker, open the CMS, the system will make corresponding spatial changes and transmission of the transmitted color information in various links such as input, display, color separation, and printing to minimize color distortion. When the CMS is turned on, other CMS systems should be turned off, otherwise a messy result will occur.
(1) Select "File / Custom Format / General".
(2) Click "CMSPreferences".
(3) Select "Open" from the "Color Management" drop-down menu.
(4) Click "OK" to open the color management system.
2. Turn off the color management system (1) Turn off the color management system as a whole The color management system can be turned off as a whole under the following circumstances:
â‘ Do not use bitmap images in publications but only use special colors.
â‘¡ Only use CMYK color images that have undergone color separation.
â‘¢Import only includes graphics with DCS files and EPS files containing only process colors.
â‘£Use post-processing applications to create separations for publications.
B. Steps to shut down the color management system as a whole:
â‘ Select the "File / Custom Format / General" command.
â‘¡ Click the "CMS Settings" button.
â‘¢ Select â€œOffâ€ from the â€œColor Managementâ€ drop-down menu.
â‘£ Click the "OK" button.
(2) When the color management system is partially closed and you do not want to manage the color of a particular image, you can close the color management of the image file, allowing the color information of the file to pass through the CMS without having to change. The color information is still useful for the output device, but it is not PageMaker's CMS performs color management.
A. The color management system can be partially turned off in the following situations:
â‘ CMYK TIFF image files created in image processing software, such as Photoshop, and direct the image to a formal output device.
â‘¡The image is color-separated according to the characteristics of the directional equipment, and only low-resolution images are used to set the layout and positioning.
B. Steps to partially close the color management system:
â‘ Select the image.
â‘¡ Select "Composition / Image / CMS Source".
â‘¢ Select "None" from the "This Item Uses" drop-down menu.
Second, the PageMaker color management system (CMS) settings select the "file / custom format / general" command, click the "CMS settings" button to display the CMS settings interface (CMS Preferences).
1. "Color Management". This item is used to determine whether the color management system is on (select "On") or off (select "Off"). If Kodak CMS is turned on when using PageMaker, the system will make corresponding spatial changes and transmissions of the transmitted color information in the input, display, color separation and printing and other links to minimize color distortion.
2. "Monitor Emulation". This item is used to open the soft proofing function in the color management, so that the effect of the color separation file output can be displayed on the screen. There are "none" and "composite printer". "Color separation printer" and other options.
3. "Use of New Project". This item is used to determine which color management system to choose. There are "None", "Kodak CMS (ICC)", "ColorCync" and other options.
4. "Kodak CMS (ICC) Settings".
(1) "Display" option. Select the device characterization file that matches the display type;
(2) "Compound Printer" option. Select a device feature description file that matches the output device (multiple printer) used for color mixing output;
(3) "Color separation printer" option. Select a device characterization file that matches the output device (color separation printer) used to create color separations;
(4) "RGB image source" option. Select the device characterization file for creating RGB color images;
(5) "CMYK image source" option. Select the device characterization file used to create the CMYK color image.
The device characteristic description file set here will be automatically applied to all file objects created by itself as the default file of the system.
3. Control function of PageMaker color management system (CMS) Due to the use of embedded structure, PageMaker itself only provides specific operation methods for color management. The main layer is aimed at two different types of processing objects, such as graphics and color images Color, set and manage the device profile and manage the color separation of color images.
1. Defining device characteristics for coloring graphics and text Coloring device characteristics for coloring includes two aspects: manually setting new colors and letting Color Management (CMS) automatically assign device characteristics to newly created colors.
(1) Manually set the device characteristics for the new color â‘ Select "Window / Display Port Color Board".
â‘¡ Select "New Color" from the color palette.
â‘¢ In the "Color Options" dialog box, "Name" must enter a name.
a. Choose the color for your coloring by selecting the "category" (special color, process color, color), "touch style" (RGB, HLS, CMYK) and color value within the color;
b. Select a color from the predefined "Color Library".
â‘£ In the "Color Options" dialog box, click "CMS Source".
â‘¤Select the color device characteristics (source profile) according to the following criteria:
a. If you plan to create an RGB color, the device profile selected for the color should be consistent with the device profile of the user monitor;
b. If you plan to create a CMYK color, the device profile selected for this color should be consistent with the device profile of the user's "color separation printer".
â‘¥Click "OK" to return to the "Color Options" dialog box.
This completes the process of defining color device characteristics for coloring with color.
(2) Let Color Management (CMS) automatically assign device characteristics to the newly created color â‘ Select â€œFile / Custom Format / Commonâ€, and then click â€œCMS Settingsâ€.
â‘¡ In the "CMS Custom Format" dialog box, select the color management system from "New Project Use" to set the device profile for the newly created color.
â‘¢ In "Monitor Emulation", specify the display description file for the newly created RGB color, and specify the "Separation Printer" device description file for the newly created CMYK color. Select "None" to close the newly created color management.
â‘£ Click "OK" to exit the "CMS Custom Format" dialog box. Then click "OK".
2. Color-to-color image defines its characteristics. Color images can be generated from different sources, such as drawing programs, scanners, etc. If it is created with an application software with CMS cutting energy, the image contains the device characteristic file of the CMS and specifies the color gamut of the color generated by the image.
(1) The principle of using source description files when placing image files:
â‘ If the image is created with an application that supports Kodak CMS, the PageMaker application
Kodak CMS source description file.
â‘¡ If the source description file specified in the image file is not available, PageMaker uses the default CMS to select the default description file.
â‘¢ If there is no specified source description file in the image file, PageMaker applies the default CMS and selects the source description file that best matches the image color mode from "RGB image source" and "CMYK image source".
â‘£If you want to change the settings of the device signature file determined by PageMaker, you can reset the correct CMS source description file.
â‘¤ If the placed image is to be color corrected in applications such as PhotoShop, the source description file must be reset in PageMaker after editing.
(2) Two ways to set the color image device characteristic file A. Apply "source description file" when placing color images
â‘ Select "File / Place".
â‘¡ Select the image to be placed, and then click "CMS Source".
â‘¢ From the "CMS Source Description File" dialog box, select a corresponding device description file.
â‘£ Click "OK".
B. Select the device feature file for the color national image in the publication â‘ Select the color image, or you can select multiple images by holding down the Shift key.
â‘¡ Select "Composition / Image / CMS Source", you can also choose a different CMS for the image or turn off color management.
â‘¢ Select a feature file from the "CMS Source Description File" dialog box.
â‘£ Click "OK".
3. Pre-separation function for color images PageMaker can pre-separate color images without having to do it in other software.
(1) Two types of space conversion â‘ Convert the color image files in the RGB space in the group version file into CMYK files according to the specific device characteristic file relationship.
â‘¡ Position a CMYK TIFF image to another CMYK output device.
(2) Several situations that require pre-separation processing of the group image â‘ CMYK color separation printing.
â‘¡The further processing of publications does not support special color management.
â‘¢ Create a CMYK image and keep it on the OPI server.
â‘£The RGB color space is not corrected for the image.
(3) Operation method of image pre-separation processing â‘ Select the image to be separated.
â‘¡ Select "File / Export / Graphics" and select "Save as Color Separation" in the "Output Image" dialog box.
â‘¢ Type the name of a color separation file and select the folder to save the file.
â‘£ Click "Settings" and select a screen preview option.
"Don't enter the image" will not produce the low-resolution screen pre-modern appearance of the image;
"Best" will produce a screen preview of the original image with 72dpi resolution;
"Draft" will produce a screen preview of the original image with 36dpi resolution. Select "Link to new image".
â‘¥ Click "Save".
4. Change the output device description file before printing. From the "Print" dialog box, you can change the set description file of the selected "color mixing printer" or "color separation printer". Before printing on different output devices, you should change the device description file in "CMS Custom Format" to match it with the output device.
When using color management, to get the best results, do not change the device description file of the "color separation printer". The selection of color mapping is usually based on the device description file of the "color separation printer". Changing the device description file of the "color separation printer" in the later stage of the color management process may not achieve the best results.
To change the user's output device description file before printing:
â‘ Select "File / Print". If printing on a PostScript printer, select the appropriate PPD for the output device.
â‘¡ Click "Color".
â‘¢ Click "CMS Settings".
â‘£Select the device description file of "color mixing printer" or "color separation printer".
â‘¤ Click "OK".
â‘¥Select one of the following options:
* Choose any additional printing options and click "Print".
* Hold down the Shift key, and then click "Finish" to save the new settings without printing.
Makeup Remover Bottle
Makeup Remover Bottle,Makeup Spray Bottle,Empty Makeup Spray Bottle,Pet Plastic Bottles Wholesale
GuangZhou ShenRuo Plastic Manfacturing CO.,Ltd , https://www.cnbottle.com